Fwd: [linuxchix] SFD 2008

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 10:12:46 BST 2008

Wow, didnt realise that okes had these kind of things in zim.
yeah i agree, it would be a good idea to collaborate with an existing
project,
rather than start one of our own. For one thing, we havent got enough
support from our loco team in general... (something we really need to
concentrate on at this point in time)

it would be excellent to make an appearance from ubuntu zw...
however, we'll need to arrange logistics...i.e accomodation, transport, food
etc..
so it may not be that easy... we need to form an alliance with these kind of
foundations
so that we are informed & prepared well in advance for these kind of events.
preparation is key for this to work.

if i had my way, i'd like to setup a zw country tour for ubuntu..
where we can all travel the country, doing demo's .. meeting people...
visiting the various ict foundations.. and collaborating on the whole
open source culture in zim (this culture is definitely there!)

it would be great to document everything, take pictures, testimonials..
etc etc to put up on our web page. though saying this...
it all seems rather impossible. this is where we really needed
public relations people to take a stand on bringing us into the open.
the foundation of our LoCo team is definitely there...and we need
to step up from this.

i think everyone needs to put in alot of effort on the csz newsletter coming
up
soon... (few days left if i remember) to try get us out into the open as
much as possible..
im willing to help out as much as possible with this... these foundations
need
to know that we exist!