[ubuntu-za] Change decimal point

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Wed Feb 3 10:11:16 UTC 2021

Hi Mike,

You haven't specified which spreadsheet program you're using. I'll
assume LibreOffice Calc.

You can set up a User-defined currency, or other number formal int
Format Cells - Numbers. The following formatting code will give you what
you're looking for.

[$R-1C09] # ##0.00;[RED][$R-1C09]-# ##0.00

However, that will not change the Currency Formatting Toolbar button.
Honestly, I'm looking for a solution to that myself. Calc pulls the
system default Country/Language formatting as its own default.

I'm using Linux Mint 21 with Mate. Settings shouldn't be too different
in Ubuntu. I found this that might help you.

In Language Support (not Language settings), it seems to indicate that
my Rands currency & any other numbers should use a decimal point. As
yet, I'm still wondering why I'm not seeing that in real life, but it
may be a starting point.

I've kinda had this on a back-burner because I've not been doing all
that much with spreadsheets lately, but I'll keep looking for a
solution. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Robin