[ubuntu-za] Fwd: Re: UBUNTU TERUGVOER

Bruce Pieterse dev at santura.co.za
Fri Mar 29 16:46:35 UTC 2019

Hi,
Unfortunately, the drive has sectors that are no longer readable by the
kernel. This can be seen with "Buffer I/O error on /dev/sda5. logical
block ..." output.
At the top of the screenshot, it says that it is already trying to
recover the journal for the file system, but is unable to read (READ
DMA EXT) that portion of the disk.
If it was affected by load shedding then I would recommend getting a
new drive, doing a fresh install and try to copy as much of the data
off this problematic drive as possible from an external drive docking
bay/case.
I'm not sure what type of disk this is e.g. Seagate, Western Digital
etc, but you could try run the respective manufacturers disk tools to
see if it can fix the drive. From my experience, the Buffer I/O error
normally indicates failure of the drive.
I hope this helps.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/885062/root-file-system-requires-manual-fsck

--
All the best,