[ubuntu-za] Password manager

Anton May antonmay at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:36:48 UTC 2019

Good day Chas

It's not about just saving your passwords with the password but to generate
a password for each login.

Don't know what is the other password mangers functionality are, but with
Keepass2 I set the page, the username and then generate a password to what
the requirements are.

Like the I set it to the maximum length, with alpha, numeric & special
characters. So each password is different.

You only have to set one password, the one to your password manager.

My Keepass2 I can use OS, Ubuntu, Andriod, Mac and Windows. And it's free.
I think Lastpass is also free now, but I can be mistaken.

Anton

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 15:55, Charles IRONS <irons.charles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day Ubuntu South Africa
>
> I save my passwords in a specific folder on my PC.
>
> Do I need a password manager for my home use with no other users?
>
> If I do, please tell me where to find install and user guide files.
>
> Kind regards to Anton May.
>
> Bye. Chas
>
> --
>
> Our preferred address is
> irons.charles at gmail.com
> Mobile   +2783 588 0028
>
> On Sun, 2019-02-10 at 11:08 +0200, Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> LastPass is my manager of choice.
> Multi device, multi platform and feature rich.
> Highly recommended.
> Tim
>
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 08:47 Frank Sokolic <sokolic at worldonline.co.za wrote:
>
> I use LastPass on all my various devices and am happy with it.
>
> Frank.
>
> On 2019/02/08 17:34, Frans de waal wrote:
>
> Good day,
> I have someone who need a password manager so thought I'd ask the experts,
> what are you guys using currently.

Regards,
Anton May