[ubuntu-za] 18.04 releases

Sakhi Louw sakhi7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:39:11 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:53 AM Bill Cairns <cairnsww at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rant: I have been a faithful Linux user and advocate for more nearly 15
> years now. It was way back in 2004 that I first committed my major machine
> to running Linux. Never in this time have I experienced the problems that I
> have had with the various versions of Ubuntu 18.04. Nearly every time in
> the past Ubuntu has just worked after installation. This time I have had to
> spend days getting Ubuntu to work to my satisfaction – and even after a
> couple of months some stuff is still not right. (Ok so the conversion away
> from Unity is part of the problem.)

I installed Jenkins on 18.04.1 LTS, its was a *bit* of a pain but
eventually I managed to get it working.
Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS my CI and Ochastration tools worked with no issues, life
as usual.
I don't recall many issues I couldn't handle with Warty Warthog at the time
of its release.
systemd (thank you) - has its pro's and cons at the moment the cons are
dominating.
2c.

Sakhi Louw