[ubuntu-za] Wi-Fi

Paolo Gigante paolo.gigante.sa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:04:44 UTC 2018

I have had really bad experiences with networking over powerlines,
especially with stability issues. I had it working for about a month before
I started noticing a lot of network drops. They mostly (Not always) seemed
to reconnect but the network being dropped mid-way through a file copy or
while streaming video sucked. I tried a few different brands too but the
Netgear seemed to be the best of the bad bunch. It got so bad that it was
less effort to just run a cable.

That all being said, I tried those devices about 3 years ago so maybe
things have got better since then.

Personally, I would 100% recommend running a hard line up to your office.
It will be a short term amount of effort with fewer long term maintenance
issues and problems.