[ubuntu-za] Wi-Fi

Mark Widdicombe markwiddicombe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 09:33:58 UTC 2018

Good day all,

My desktop needs wifi on account of the flakes from Vodacom installing my
new router downstairs in my house, and I am reluctant to run ethernet from
there to my office upstairs. I bought a tp-link wifi dongle (AC600) and
have spent most of the morning on Google trying to get drivers to get it to
work, but without any luck.  I'm not prepared to waste any more time on it,
so I'm going to return it on Monday.

Can anyone recommend a 'plug & play' alternative? I'm gatvol of having to
jump through hoops every time I buy new hardware.

Oh, I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks in advance,
Mark