[ubuntu-za] Snaps can't access files outside Home

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Fri Jul 27 06:35:47 UTC 2018

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the suggestion.

In April I did a clean install of 18.04 and when I installed Chromium,
GIMP and Inkscape from Ubuntu Software I wasn't aware that I was
installing them as snaps. I see now that all three of these packages
appear twice in Ubuntu Software, the first time with the source as Snap
Store and the second as ubuntu-bionic-universe. In all three cases the
Snap Store version is listed first. I wonder if that is done on purpose?

Maybe the easiest solution is to delete the Snap versions and reinstall
from ubuntu-bionic-universe.

Regards, Frank.