[ubuntu-za] Snaps can't access files outside Home

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Thu Jul 26 10:11:03 UTC 2018

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the response but the problem isn't due to errors on the USB
drive. I can't access ANY files or directories outside my home directory
with snap packages.

If I go to Ubuntu Software and type in Inkscape (or GIMP or Chromium)
and highlight the installed package there is a Permissions button but
there is no option to access files and directories outside the home folder.

Frank.