[ubuntu-za] Click function on Notebook sluggish

Ubuntu Bear ZA zabear1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 04:08:23 UTC 2018

Good morning everyone,

Re:   Click function on Notebook sluggish

*I need some help*

I recently bought a notebook. It had Windows pre-installed.

I asked someone to load Cinnamon Mint on it.

Mint works BUT

the CLICK funtion on the touchpad is very unresponsive or sluggish

It does work but I need to click 3 or 4 times for it to take notice of me.

By contrast, the pointer icon on the notepad works very well.

I did try the settings on the system settings – but not much difference

Any advice ?

I really would not like to go back to MS Windows.

I am not technically minded, so all help will be appreciated.

PietB