[ubuntu-za] Training?

Paolo Gigante paolo.gigante.sa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:50:13 UTC 2017

Hi Bill,

Very true, redhat is an rpm based distro and Ubuntu uses apt. While the
redhat training does cover some distro specific topics, as a general linux
administration training course, they are quite good.

I looked at the link you sent and while I can't vouch for either the
training company or their material, the topics they cover do seem to be a
good intro to linux. My only concern was as I mentioned before, when I last
looked at the LPIC exams (about 3 years ago) the material seemed to be very
outdated. Things may have (hopefully) changed and been updated by now so
definitely worth looking into. I also found these guys who offer training
and the LPI exams with prices https://www.linuxcertification.co.za/
although they could probably do with investing in a decent web dev to
updated their site.

Thanks
Paolo