[ubuntu-za] Networking

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Fri Feb 10 14:43:49 UTC 2017

On 02/10/2017 02:46 AM, Jan wrote:
> Hi Lee, I have re-installed Nautilus and added some extra features via
> Synaptic, looks like that will solve the issues that led me to Nemo.
>
> So now I have access to files and folders both ways via sftp but am
> still stumped about getting access to my backup hard drive from the
> networked machine.

How do you access the backup hard drive from the machine it is connected
to?  If gvfs (Gnome Virtual File System) you can find it bu running
"mount" from the cli and you may see a line like;
/dev/sdb1 on /media/lee/USB30FD type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,flush,uhelper=udisks2)

In that case you will need to find it at /media/lee/USB30FD

			Lee