[ubuntu-za] Lost access to storage drive

Jan jan at verslank.net
Sat Feb 4 05:02:41 UTC 2017

Disks are fine Wes.

Perhaps the problem is related to the fact that I changed the cables
around? I see the latest output refers to that:

jan at jan-ESPRIMO-E5731:~$ cat /etc/fstab
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# / was on /dev/sdb1 during installation
UUID=c7c4041b-c5c3-45ec-9920-f90d7d42f7b9 /               ext4
errors=remount-ro 0       1
# swap was on /dev/sdb5 during installation
UUID=cacaa4c3-a800-40ce-a159-192af760eb52 none            swap
sw              0       0

I originally connected the disks in the wrong sequence so landed up with
my main OS on sdb1. Miles suggested that should swap the connecting
cables around which I did, so now OS is on sda1.

Best wishes,

Jan