[ubuntu-za] Lost access to storage drive

wesley werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:50:55 UTC 2017

On 04/02/2017 06:29, Jan wrote:
> Hi Wes, the drive is connected all the time. It's mounted inside the box.

My mistake Jan, I see now it is an internal drive.

Check the health of the disk using the Disks application,
https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/disk-check.html

Also refit the cabling to the drive/main board, make sure it is has a
good connection. Consider replacing the cable (if the drive health is
ok), or moving the endpoint on the mainboard to another slot if you have
one available.

To be sure can you give us the output of "cat /etc/fstab" please.

Wes