[ubuntu-za] Olivetti Printers at OFFICE - not compatible with Ubuntu 16.04

Anton May antonmay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:37:33 UTC 2017

Hi Piet

As far as I know Olivetti has never been a big linux supporter. Even on
Open Printing database there is very little Olivetti printers available -
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Olivetti

Don't know if things have changed, maybe someone can point you in another
direction?

Sorry

Anton

On 7 December 2017 at 10:48, Ubuntu Bear ZA <zabear1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi     7 Dec17
>
> I have joined a RE office in KZN (Wakefields on South Coast). They use
> WiFi for their big Olivetti printers
>
> AND I use Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> *  PROBLEM is that I cannot currently link with the printers (which may
> force me to not use Ubuntu in future).
>
> I do not wish to go that route.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I am copying the details of the printers below.
>
>      Olivetti d-colorp2130  and Olivwtti d-4004mf
>
> Hoping that someone can provide a way out. The IT guy here himself loves
> Ubuntu and is willing to assist, but needs directions.
>
> Regards
>
> PietBeukes

Regards,
Anton May