[ubuntu-za] Lubuntu displays

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Fri Oct 28 20:12:44 UTC 2016

Hi Chesedo,

There is no top menu, the app overlaps the Lubuntu menu at the bottom.
I'm not near the machine now but all you see is Thunderbird and the only
way out is to click on "file" and "quit." I will try to get a screenshot
to you over the weekend.

Best wishes,

Jan

On 28/10/2016 21:58, chesedo wrote:

> Hi (oom) Jan,
>
> A thought that just occurred to me. Is it as if the application's
> title bar is out of the screen (overlapping the top menu)?
>
> Maybe if you can upload/attach a screenshot to give a better idea as I
> have a feeling that this is a "false fullscreen".
>
> Regards,
> chesedo
>
> On 10/28/2016 09:37 PM, Jan Greeff wrote:
>> Thanks Neil and Raoul,
>>
>> I have been around that workaround, but the outcome in does not show
>> much and vertainly nothing about "sizemode" so I thought perhaps the
>> Thunderbird version was broken or corrupt. I reloaded via Synaptic,
>> no change.
>>
>> When I get back to that system some time soon, I will check to see
>> what happens with F11. On my machine (Ubuntu 14.04) it just shows the
>> Thunderbird events calendar.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jan
>> On 28/10/2016 11:22, Neil Oosthuizen wrote:
>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> What I could find that might solve the issue is from -
>>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1049947
>>>
>>> From the link:
>>>
>>> WORKAROUND:
>>> 1. Edit ~/.thunderbird/*/localstore.rdf
>>> 2. Search for: sizemode="fullscreen"