[ubuntu-za] Me again - Linux from Scratch

Bill T bturner02.sa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:18:45 UTC 2016

On 24/10/2016 08:31, Benico van der Westhuizen wrote:
> HI Jan
> This is not a solution suggestion - but just general comments.
> <SNIP>

> But if you get seriously stuck the time wasted to fix things compared
> to a 20min re-install must be evaluated. And if you REALY want to
> become an expert you can always go the "linux from scratch" route - if
> operating system configuration is your passion.
<SNIP>

Has any one locally actually completed an "LFS" all the way to graphical
desktop? I tried it once and so seriously bogged down with dependencies
that I gave it up. Life is too short. I ended up with about 14 A4 pages
of written notes to try and keep track of what depended on what. If
anyone has a pointer to some instructions that reduce the pain, I would
like to have another go.
Best regards
Bill Turner