[ubuntu-za] Uncle Kilos

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 23:34:03 UTC 2016

Does anyone have an update on this? How is Kilos and what's left of the
medical bill? I could pass this around the Nairobi GNU/Linux circles too.
Lots of people from our IRC channel used to hang out on UbuntuZA and knew
Kilos well.

Cheers,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 11:22 PM Wesley Werner <wesley.werner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> From the Miles fund: "The Monash Medical Centre has graciously offered us
> an extra two weeks to raise the funds."
>
> Let's help out oom Kilos and spread the word some more.
>
> https://www.gofundme.com/ReunionRoadblock
>

> On 23 September 2016 15:42:05 SAST, Sakhi Louw <sakhi7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wishing Kilos a speedy recovery, very friendly person I've met on
> #ubuntu-za
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Wesley Werner <wesley.werner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the news, and link, Neil. Here is wishing oom Kilos a speedy
> recovery!
>
> On 22 September 2016 17:05:53 SAST, Neil Oosthuizen <nlsthzn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Greetings all,
>
> So I am not sure how wildly this is known already but one of our own,
> Kilo's who can always be found on #ubuntu-za on Freenode recently got the
> opportunity to visit Australia to meet his daughter for the first time.
>
> Unfortunatly a few days ago he suffered a heart attack.  Thankfully the
> medical treatment he has received in Australia was was great as you can
> imagine, but now he is faced with the medical costs.  Please check out
> https://www.gofundme.com/ReunionRoadblock/ for more details and for a way
> to assist.
>

> Regards
> Neil