[ubuntu-za] Me again

leesharp at hal-pc.org leesharp at hal-pc.org
Fri Oct 21 18:03:04 UTC 2016

> Wow, brilliant Frans. I had to Google what older kernel means and it
> worked.
>
> Where do I go from here? Everything seems fine.

Remove the old kernel.  Open a shell and CD to /boot and ls -lah to see
the versions.  Then run "dpkg -l | grep 4.4.0" to list all packages with
4.4.0 in them. (Your is different.)  Then type "sudo apt-get purge "and
each of those things listed in dpkg with a space between them.  Note that
you only want to delete the broken one, not the one you are using!  Fee
free to post the dpkg output and we can format the purge command
appropriately.

Lee