[ubuntu-za] Upgrade error

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Fri Oct 21 09:11:23 UTC 2016

Thanks Frans, tried to install aptitude via Synaptic, same error report
as with the original problem:
E: linux-image-extra-3.13.0-100-generic: subprocess installed
post-removal script returned error exit status 1
E: linux-image-3.13.0-100-generic: subprocess installed post-removal
script returned error exit status 1

On sudo apt update on command line I get: W: GPG error:
http://ppa.launchpad.net trusty Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
4DF9B28CA252A784

On attempt to install aptitude via command line I get the same again as
before:
dpkg: error processing package linux-image-3.13.0-100-generic (--remove):