[ubuntu-za] Striata Reader

Christopher Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Mon Oct 17 20:24:07 UTC 2016

Hi ,

I installed Striata Reader on my father's 16.04 64-bit laptop several
weeks ago when he was down here.  Same symptoms as you.  I ended up
fixing it up by looking at the installed python code.  My memory of the
exact problem/solution has faded - I think it was either an incorrect
directory path in the code or a permission error, the fault of the
installer I guess.

This reminded me that  he had said that he had the same problem on his
home PC.
So I have just downloaded and installed it on my computer to see if I
get the same problem again and it works with no problem now. So maybe
they have fixed it.

What version are you using?  I downloaded striata-reader-2.23-1-amd64.deb

Hope this helps,
Chris