[ubuntu-za] Wireless device disappears in laptop

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:54:09 UTC 2016

On 17 Oct 2016 11:18, "Robin Bownes" <robin at bownes.co.za> wrote:

> I'm using 16.04 on a variety of desktop and notebook machines, and this
problem with network manager - not always showing available wifi networks,
is becoming annoying enough that I've seriously considered replacing Ubuntu
with Mint. Having to reboot that often to achieve basic functionality is
one of the prime reasons that most of us stopped using Windows.

Mint currently have the same problem on since their latest release,  am
considering on blaming network manager for it and trying another desktop
manager like KDE just to see what happens... But that will need to wait
until the end of the year.  Maybe try compiling the newest version of
network manager and let us know what it does.

> I'm also hoping that one of the boffins on the list can shed some light
on a solution - or pressure Canonical to fix this in the updates.

> On 10/14/2016 04:27 PM, Deon Pretorius wrote:
>>
>> I've been getting the same thing on my HP with 16.04. Turn of
networks,turn back‎ on and it re connects with wired ethernet icon showing

>> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

was working and now it says "no network devices are available".