[ubuntu-za] Wireless device disappears in laptop

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Mon Oct 17 09:18:20 UTC 2016

I'm using 16.04 on a variety of desktop and notebook machines, and this
problem with network manager - not always showing available wifi
networks, is becoming annoying enough that I've seriously considered
replacing Ubuntu with Mint. Having to reboot that often to achieve basic
functionality is one of the prime reasons that most of us stopped using
Windows.

I'm also hoping that one of the boffins on the list can shed some light
on a solution - or pressure Canonical to fix this in the updates.