[ubuntu-za] 14.04 crash during update

Deon Pretorius deon1964 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:25:40 UTC 2016

Just some more information,

I was not actually upgrading to 16.04 but running normal 14.04 updates when
the issue happened.
Using the live CD to try and repair the installation I never got the optoin
to repair.
Only options were new install or install 14.04 alongside 14.04
I have now installed 16.04 on a seperate partition and can recover my
documents on 14.04. Grub also does not see the 14.04 installation.
Will go back to Wiki and see if there is more information available.