[ubuntu-za] Data privacy

Zabear zabear1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:40:18 UTC 2016

Dear all, new years eve 2015

bcc:  ! K

Re:   8" Huawei tab with Telkom 1GB data contact - Data privacy

I recently bought the above mentioned tab.

I am happy with it, but still learning some functions which are a bit
different from my Samsung 10" tab.

But what I do not agree to is the way that use of the tab means that I
lose most of my rights to privacy. When you open the tab the 1st time
you are asked if it is OK to give the tab maker's certain rights with
promises (sometimes it does not state this) that "they" will keep your
data safe. The problem is that you cannot say no for an answer. Either
accept or stop using the product (the Huawei Tab). There is not
alternative to 'accept' or 'cancel'.

Nearly every pierce of software from then on which I had to install,
offers the same.
I think there is no way out of this.

Is there 'someone' who would take the issue of the right to privacy up
on behalf of 'the individual' who wishes to use a product, but cannot
stand up alone against big corporations?

May you all have a meaningful, and contented new year.
regards

Piet Beukes