[ubuntu-za] Can't Boot after Windows 10 upgrade

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Wed Feb 24 06:28:28 UTC 2016

Thanks to everyone who gave helpful advice.

Final feedback: -
I tried most of the suggestions, and quite a few other things beside.
The best I managed, was to get into the folder system via TestDisk, and
copy off the data (phew). At that point I decided it would probably be
better to scrape it all down to bedrock, and start over. So,
re-installed Windows 7 from Dell disks ... downloaded and installed days
worth of updates, upgraded to Windows 10 (that all took about 3 days).
Finally, I installed Ubuntu 14.04, did all the updates, and restored the
data. (that took about 4 hours) Unfortunately, the Windows is needed -
seldom, but periodically.

Well, that's that for that one. Thanks again.