[ubuntu-za] Broken Upgrade

Tim Johnson tim at cybersmart.co.za
Wed Dec 14 07:51:40 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I know it's a common error and I have googgled and tried a nimmer of
solutions without success. I'm rimming 16.10 with 8Gb RAM.
I've got a dpkg error which I can't fix. The notification is "Error: Broken
Count > 0"
I can't install Synaptic or Aptitude as there is a lock. I've tried sudo
apt-get - f install and sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -v
And sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
No joy.
Also apt-get install - - fix - broken
The broken package appears to be libperl 15.22 but I don't know what to do
from here. It appears that sonering warmte to overwrite lib per with an
older version.
I've deselected all non Ubuntu software sources
No joy.
If you have a minute?
Thanks

Sent from my Note 5