[ubuntu-za] Old(ish) Laptop

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Wed Apr 13 19:37:01 UTC 2016

I have run Ubuntu 14.04 with Unity quite happily on a similar HP machine
with 1 GB RAM but have subsequently upgraded to 2 GB RAM which seemed to
give it a bit more zip, but it was not a dramatic change. You will be
getting advice to run versions like Xubuntu but I would venture to say
that if you are comfortable with Ubuntu I believe that it will run
satisfactorily.

Good luck,

Jan