[ubuntu-za] Problem : Firefox on Ubuntu 14.04 (updated daily)

Jos Visser josvis at sonicmail.co.za
Wed Apr 13 07:58:22 UTC 2016

I (single desktop) have the following on Firefox - all active.

Extensions :
Adblock Plus
GNotifier
Ubuntu Modifications
Video Downloadhelper
Video without Flash
YouTube Enhancer Plus

Plugins:
DivX Web Player
iTunes Application Detector
Java Plugin 11.77.2
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
VLC Multimedia Plug-in (compatible Videos 3.10.1)
VLC Web Plugin
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Videos)

How some of the above got there is beyond me.

But when I try to view some video clips on News24.com I get the #2035 error.
After testing I found that after deactivating Shockwave Flash I can view
everything.
I was made to believe that Shockwave Flash is a must-have for all Ubuntu
users.

Strange. Any comment will be appreciated.  Thanks

Jos