[ubuntu-za] Advice on Ubuntu printer

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Fri Apr 8 15:20:35 UTC 2016

On 04/08/2016 07:08 AM, Leon Gert Marincowitz wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm looking at purchasing a decent professional printer, one that can
> both scan and print. So perhaps a mid range professional one.

I advise against this.  Support for the all in one printers is not the
best, and the build quality is not as good as it could be.  I use a
separate scanner and printer, and I have used the same scanner for over
5 years.

> Does anyone have advice on quality printers and of course those that
> best integrate with Ubuntu?

The Cannon CanoScan Lide Scanners are cheap and available used.  And
most of them run off pure USB power!

And almost all HP Business class laser printers will be well supported.

			Lee