[ubuntu-za] Looking for a Person that knows Linux and loves Open Source

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Thu Sep 10 17:08:17 UTC 2015

About Obsidian

In the 80’s we had the hair – and the hairbands that kept those wild locks
from our sweaty brows. There was the WWF and a love for the melodramatic
Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior; the All American wholesome family
sitcom, Madonna, the Brat Pack of pretty boys – and there was music. In
South Africa it was quite a different world – we were sanctioned, and still
we had Riaan Cruywagen, Huisgenoot and the SAUK. We were isolated in the
world of sport, arts and the many other things.

It was in 1995 that a band of university students, that stood out from the
norm, discovered the freedom of Linux and the principles of Open Source
Software.
Since then, Obsidian Systems is proud of our heritage but equate our
longevity and success to looking forward. We understand the importance of
Linux as a foundation for great architecture and also embrace the future of
how technology is changing the way people access, use, collaborate and
manage their data and information.

Together with our partners, vendors and employees we strive to build
mutually beneficial relationships in our every endeavour. When we look back
to 2015 in 20 years, we will remember in fondness the journey, and be in
awe of how far we have come together as an Open Source community.

We are looking for engineers, hippies, artists and trouble makers.

Send me your cv
kmf at obsidian.co.za
www.obsidian.co.za

Love
Karl

Ps..
If you are unsure come talk to me at Software Freedom Day
www.sfd.org.za