[ubuntu-za] No current Ubuntu can run on a new 6th Gen intel cpu ?

Wikus mazal.wikus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 05:35:18 UTC 2015

On 04/11/2015 07:30, Jan Greeff wrote:
> Thanks Wikus, important info, plse keep us posted - I assume Ubuntu
> developers are working on the problem?
>
> Jan Greeff
> Tuintuiste 75, Posbus 3575
> Bela Bela 0480
> Tel. 014 736 6676, Faks 086 659 7704
> Skype: jan.greeff
> Gesondheid sonder grense: www.verslank.net
> Jy verloor nooit deur lief te hê nie.
> Jy verloor altyd deur terug te hou.

Jan apparently the nightly builds of 16.04 already have the new 4.3
kernel that supports it.
But if one don't want unstable nightly build os is best to hold off with
CPU upgrades till 16.04 release in
April next year. That's only my opinion though. The other option is to
just compile the new 4.3 kernel into
current OS yourself , but not everyone know how or want to do that.