[ubuntu-za] Access to internet via Proxy and AD login

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Fri May 15 05:58:44 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Charl Wentzel
<charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za> wrote:

> On 14/05/2015 18:33, Marius Kruger wrote:
>

> interesting so you can just use the AD credentials to connect to the proxy and don't need to bind to the domain?
>
> Yes, that's what I'm hoping for.  However, I'm still waiting the usual 3 weeks it takes for a mine's IT department to create the AD account for me to test this.

Sorry for jumping in a little late to this,
I just add it to the bashrc or a little shell script and call it via that,

export http_proxy=http://domainame:domainpassword@proxyname:proxyport
export http_proxy=http://barney:mYL1ttl3p0ny@proxy.expendablesinc.com:8080

I've had a lot of fun with proxy.pac files aswell

Karl