[ubuntu-za] Access to internet via Proxy and AD login

David Apter dave.apter at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:07:33 UTC 2015

Interesting post! Can't help making a comment.

"Mines" IT mindset has not changed. I worked for a large mining company and
they still prefer to waste zillions of Rands on MS and related products
when Ubuntu can liberate them.  But selection of the right OS for the right
job still eludes them.
It's not just the MS attitude its the "change" attitude IT staff have.
In my humble opinion, general IT staff (and their management bosses) have
not REAL understanding of Data/Information/Knowledge (DInK!) and the
integration of these.  They remain 'rubberstamps'.

Wrt Linux talking to a proxy ... just ask the Google.  IT can't help you!
Best of luck with your Ubuntu revolution.

Dave Apter