[ubuntu-za] Access to internet via Proxy and AD login

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Mon May 11 09:39:12 UTC 2015

Hi Guys

I'm a bit lost on this one.  I've got a Linux server on one of those
"there's only one O/S in the world and its called Windows"-mines.
Unfortunately for me I've got an Ubuntu box and I would like to connect
to the Internet so I can do updates and download a new library or two
from the repositories using aptitude.

The IT guys on the mine say:
"To have internet access you have to use a proxy server, and use an AD
account with internet rights."

Obviously they'll set up the account for me, but how would my Linux
server connect to the proxy?

Regards
Charl