[ubuntu-za] Migrating to Linux

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sun May 3 15:35:34 UTC 2015

On 05/03/2015 05:16 AM, Miles wrote:
> Hi Jan, you cant install 14.04 and then in synaptic or cli install
> mate-desktop and on booting you can choose the mate environment

You can...  But the 14.04 version is very old (1.6.2) and the 15.04
versions is much newer (1.8.2) so a number of bugs have been worked out.
  I have tried the 14.04 version and was not happy with it, and used
Gnome Panel / Flashback.  But the 15.04 version is very mature and
stable so far.  I have not really worked with it yet, but I am liking
what I see so far.  Even if it does mean getting off the LTS versions I
normally stick to.

			Lee