[ubuntu-za] Migrating to Linux

Jaco Stroebel str.jac at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:47:33 UTC 2015

Jan,

On the travelmate you could probably look at either Lubuntu or Xubunutu,
the two Ubuntu flavours that use lxde and xfce, respectively. If the atom
is capable of running Windows 7, it would probably also run either of those
comfortably with some memory to spare.

The main issue that I have with low memory machines is browsing. Both
chrome and Firefox have a nasty tendency to gobble RAM.

Running wine and in illustration program like CorelDraw may also lead to
memory hiccups from time to time. Or, at least, that is what I would
expect. See what happens and report back.

Regards,
Jaco

P.S. I accidentally responded directly instead of to the list. So this is a
repost. My apologies.