[ubuntu-za] Documentation User Group

Miles msdomdonner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:52:28 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: William Walter Kinghorn <williamk at dut.ac.za>
To: Ubuntu South African Local Community <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] Documentation User Group
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 06:40:03 +0000

Hi Raoul,

Thanks for the suggestion.

>From here : http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Portal/Why
"But ultimately, a lot of people leave because editing is just too
complex."

That is why they are creating VisualEditor

reStructuredText and Wiki markup are too complex for a lot of people

I unfortunately, have not been able to install Pubsweet or booktype ( I
wanted to install them locally, not on the web )
The reason why I wanted this locally, is for schools which don't have
internet, and if I want to setup a private book/manual creation system.

Raoul, you are the only one that has responded to my e-mail, Thanks

I was hoping that more people would have responded, as I think this is
very important for us

William

Sorry gmail decided the original was spam. sigh
I will try find People who can get involved as well
Miles