[ubuntu-za] NEWS: Main Linux problems on the desktop, 2015 edition

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Wed Mar 11 18:45:04 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 13:00, Wesley Werner wrote:
> Point number 3 under the heading "General Linux problems" makes a
> fumbling
> attempt to instill Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt via:
>
> A thorough read with plenty of malicious pot-shots.

I think you're missing the point. This is not about FUD, this is not
about "pot-shots". It's about being realistic about Linux, and what the
problems are, and where it needs to improve. Without criticism we'll
always live in a bubble where we think everything we do is awesome. Why
do you think Windows is so terrible?

I mean, I'm at the point where I want to move to Mir, because X.org
sucks (why is my VGA primary and not my HDMI?!!) and Wayland is a lost
cause quickly becoming left behind.

Don't read it as an attack on Linux, read it as an opportunity to
improve things. Think of it in the same vein as Bryan Lunduke's "Why
Linux sucks/Why Linux doesn't suck" talks at LinuxFest NorthWest.

http://lunduke.com/2012/04/29/why-linux-sucks-why-linux-does-not-suck-the-videos/

--
Raoul Snyman
e: raoul at snyman.info
Please note that my e-mail address has changed!