[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 14.04 please help

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:08:06 UTC 2015

On 7 Dec 2015 13:53, "Jan Greeff" <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> Good day all,
>
> Please help!
>
> When my document folders are accessed normally, they are all in
alphabetical order, but when I use the "select" and "move to" options to
save a document among my existing document folders, the folder list that
comes up is shown in what appears to be a random order.

> This is a fairly recent occurrance, in the past this list was always
shown in alphabetical order. I don't know how the change came about, but is
a nuisance due to my large number of document folders.

> Please help - how do I rectify this problem?
>
> Jan

You may like to right click on the selection window and look at sorting,
alternatively if everything is in a list the column should have name date
and file size as headers at the top just click on one of those to sort
ascending or descending according to name date or size.