[ubuntu-za] active

Greg Eames greg at gandcnet.com
Tue Dec 1 17:21:45 UTC 2015

Hi Jack

Yes the list is still active. We also have the ubuntu-za.org website, which
has recently been redone. A lot of the local guys take a turn through the
irc channel at #ubuntu-za on Freenode, there is a link on the site.

As an alternate source of Linux contacts there are the various Linux User
Groups, Durban LUG etc. They also have websites and mailing list up.

As to the state of FOSS in South Africa, I will leave that for somebody
else to answer.

Kind regards
Greg Eames