[ubuntu-za] Super-user Authentication Requests

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Mon Aug 3 10:35:30 UTC 2015

Hi All,

While this is not a huge issue, it is inconvenient, and puzzling.

Just in the last couple of days, my 14.04 has begun to ask for
super-user authentication for just about everything. Every time I insert
a USB device, or if I want to reboot while another user is logged in (my
wife & I share the notebook), etc, etc. it asks for an admin password.

I'm not aware of having changed anything, or installed anything
different that would chronologically explain this change.

Any ideas please?

Robin

PS. Not sure if it is connected, but Ubuntu does seem to be running more
slowly than usual too (sometimes very slow) - but only some of the time.
Normal usage.