[ubuntu-za] Libre Office complications

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Wed Apr 29 10:31:59 UTC 2015

Hello all, is there some advice out there for this one, please?

My friend's laptop, running on Ubuntu 14.04, has saved a Libre Office
document in .xcu format.

My first problem is to recover the document.

The second, more serious problem seems to be to prevent a recurrence.

This is the feedback I received when searching for the document via
Searchmonkey:

/home/jan/Desktop/kobus/.config/libreoffice/4/user/registrymodifications.xcu

I found this site, where it seems to indicate that there is a problem
with Libre Office and Windows/Microsoft:

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/217331-okay-libre-office-has-been-deployed-can-i-make-everyone-save-as-office

Where do I go from here?

Many thanks,

Jan