[ubuntu-za] Documentation User Group

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Wed Apr 1 06:21:24 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Another web app to look at is Owncloud : https://owncloud.org

It is easy to set up on Ubuntu
https://owncloud.org/install/#instructions-server
Which sends you to
http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community&package=owncloud

Owncloud can edit ODT files, unfortunately only up to 5 people

>From : https://owncloud.org/features/
"ownCloud Documents is collaborative editing of rich-text documents that lets up to 5 individuals collaborate to edit .odt or .doc files securely within the browser. Documents may then be shared inside ownCloud or via a public link. See it in action on YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqSLeppxm0>"

William