[ubuntu-za] Screensaver

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:15:04 UTC 2014

Jan, check if the screensaver daemon is running:

:$ pidof gnome-screensaver

You should see the ID of the process, if nothing returns then it is
not running. Check your startup services to see if the gnome
screensaver is enabled in there.

You can run the service with 'gnome-screensaver', if it is not running
(for this session only).

'gnome-screensaver-command' offers options to query the screen saver
state, try that to see the amount of time it waits before activating -
http://linux.die.net/man/1/gnome-screensaver-command

--
Wesley