[ubuntu-za] Durban city asks library advice - who can present case for Foss

Rusty zabear1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:35:39 UTC 2014

Dear all,    6 Nov14

a report back re Durban library and Foss

In August I wrote something regarding the Durban city asks library
advice and asked who could present the case for Foss.
I took the advice which I received here on the mailing list through to
the powers that be working on the new library.  I received report back
today that 'they' understood the issues, but that there were no one who
would be able to look after a FOSS system on a long term basis.  The
major problem (from their side) is that the software systems of the
Durban city council, which co-ordinates the work of every department of
the city council, is not part of Foss. Yes, sadly, I know :-), but
still.  So that's the reason this will not fit in.

One day in future, perhaps?

Regards
zabear1