[ubuntu-za] Remote Desktop

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Wed May 28 14:10:22 UTC 2014

I have two Ubuntu 14.04 desktop machines. I have no trouble communicating
between them using ssh - so I can share files happily and also I have
terminal access (using Putty) from the one to the other.

But now that my wife has re-appropriated her monitor, I only have one
monitor between the two.

What I would like to do is to be able to have the full GUI Unity access
from the one machine to the other - in this case from my main machine to
the secondary one. I would the be able to log in to the second machine and
do whatever I need to do.  I have looked for some software to do this but I
get a bit confused about what they are talking about.

Is there such a software package available?

Bill