[ubuntu-za] Help!

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:28:48 UTC 2014

Hello.

I have to point out that the term "stability" in the context of package
repos indicates the frequency with which a repo gets updated. Thus a repo
that gets frequent updates will receive bug fixes quicker.

Coincidentally bugs also get introduced quicker, but again get fixed sooner
than later.

Furthermore this proves the reliability of using time-tested code
(gnome/kde/xfce) vs an in-house developed code (unity). Teething problems
happen in code infancy, especially in ambitiously large systens.