[ubuntu-za] Trusty menu behaviour

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Tue May 20 05:53:58 UTC 2014

Thanks Marius, I have Compiz Config activated and am sure it's a setting
that I need to get to but I don't know which one.

An example of what I need: when Thunderbird is in the proces of sending
a long mail with attachments, I used to be able to click on the
Thunderbird launcher icon to see miniatures of all the open Thunderbird
windows, then I could click on the Inbox miniature window and go there
while the mail is still being sent on the other window. Now I have to
wait until the mail is sent off before I can access the Inbox.

The other feature coupled to this, that I miss, is when more than one
website is open in Firefox, there used to be the corresponding number of
pointers in the icon, showing that multiple sites are open. Again, I
could simply click on the launcher icon and could then see miniatures of
all the open sites to select the one I wanted.