[ubuntu-za] Email bug infection - any advice 1c

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Mon May 5 21:15:11 UTC 2014

On 05/05/2014 01:45 PM, Ubuntu Bear ZA wrote:
> Hi people,  5 May14
>
> re            Email bug infection - any advice
>

> This is the 1st time I have had this problem
>
> I'm using Thunderbird and my email address which I use for the Ubuntu
> lists is currently badly infected end of last week somehow.

There are two possibilities.  Someone could have hacked your google
account.  Change you passwords now, and may sure any contact e-mails or
phone numbers are only e-mails and phones you fully control.

But it could be someone sent a bust of spam with your return e-mail.
That happens too, and you can not do anything about it.

			Lee